Friday 24 August 2007

My other blog

Those of you who read my other blog, http://theviewfromthepond.blogspot.com, will know that I am widowed. I live in a family-sized house in a far-too-big-for-one piece of land: two and a half acres or thereabout, and I love it. I love the space and the peace and most of all I love the wildlife and the plants and the rocks in my little bit of world.

Trouble is, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stay on here. It's a struggle, staying on top of it all, and I will probably move on in a couple of years - sooner if things keep breaking down the way they have been! So until I have to give up on it I decided I'd record as much of the magic of this place as I can and I thought a blog would be as good a place as any to share the small wonders I see around me here on this north-facing bit of hillside.

Living here, after forty years of being a townie, has been a revelation and, frankly, the thoughts I've had on atheism and the meaning of life that I write about in my other blog would not have occurred to me if I had not moved to the country. So this plot of land has been, and is, very special to me. (I an also hoping it'll help produce the great novel but that will be another blog!)

No comments: